Oh no! Where's the JavaScript?
Your Web browser does not have JavaScript enabled or does not support JavaScript. Please enable JavaScript on your Web browser to properly view this Web site, or upgrade to a Web browser that does support JavaScript.
Not a member yet? Click here to register.
Forgot Password?

V9 themes

Asked Modified Viewed 11,703 times
M
MysticFire
M
  • Junior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 24 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 4 threads in the forums
  • Started this discussions
asked

Hey guys,

I have been out of the websites business for ä few years, But ï feel like coming back. I used to make some theme designs for php fusion for the Dutch community website. Since it's rather an inactive community ( old guys who coded my designs has quit with websites.. ) I am looking here for someone who wants to work with me. I design , you code the theme for v9.

I don't know much about coding so this is the only way I can help the community.
0 replies

16 posts

F
Falk
F
Falk 131
Need help?, Having trouble?
• View our Documentation for Guides, Standards and Functions
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results
• Attaching Log Files and Screenshots when reporting issues will help
• Provide with an URL to live example if one exists
• Please read the How to Report an Error post
• Please read and comply with the Code of Conduct

(¯·._.·(¯°·._.·°º*[ Project Manager ]*º°·._.·°¯)·._.·¯)
  • Super Admin, joined since
  • Contributed 6,201 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 639 threads in the forums
  • Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

Welcome back, I do think it will be harder to find Coders for 9 Themes right now due to the pending release. But if you have designs you can post em here and maybe it will inspire people to try em for 9.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
  • Fusioneer, joined since
  • Contributed 2,246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 108 threads in the forums
answered
Fusioneer

MysticFire: Can you perhaps link to some of the themes you have made?

Although my coding skills are somewhat lacking (stop laughing Falk! :p) I do have a concrete work in progress and a 9 site to work on. I you are willing to give it a shot and get inspired by a very verbal community with 11 years of history as community and 15 years of inspirational materials, send me a PM.
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
Lead Developer of PHP-Fusion
  • Contributed 3,841 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 232 threads in the forums
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

For Version 9 early release, we have Septenary as the introductory package. What happened was, Craig designed it, and I php coded it and then community started to fine tune it.

What we are looking at setting up community workshops like these to assist developers to co-develop themes, and as you go, you'll gain on hands on experience and get assistance in completing something for the community to use. You'll pick up the ball once you get the hang of it.

To break it down for PHPFusion 9, we have what I can refer to as - progressive theming. We start off with a theme framework, a layout that is in theme.php, and then, for each core infusions like news, blog, forum etc, you have templates that you can develop and further customise it just for your theme. Without templates, the system will still have the default ones.

Of course, once you're familiar and have further interest, you can start going on AddonDB market to sell them and hopefully to get yourself some beer. And the Beer... is what we need, besides coffee for more of the obvious part. Of course, as the site admin here, I applaud for the interest.

p.s:/
I'm doing my best for the next beta. Very soon, we'll all get another round of updates.
0 replies
M
MysticFire
M
answered

Hey guys,
thanks for the reply, so if i understand it right it will be completely diffrent to theme on v9 then it was for v7.

I would be very interested in any workshops for theme developement. i dont have to make money, just want to see the php Fusion community as active as it used to be. i Like v9 so far and it has much potential but it needs an active community with many mods/themes.
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Did you see my post?
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131
• Name and Organize your Topics and Content correctly in the corresponding Forums for best support results

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

thanks for the reply, so if i understand it right it will be completely different to theme on v9 then it was for v7.

Not that much actually, just a tad more things to consider when doing responsive themes.
v7 Themes can for most part run under 9, but bootstrap styles and icon packs can cause issues for older themes. That´s also one of the reasons we have a toggler for these in settings.

i Like v9 so far and it has much potential but it needs an active community with many mods/themes.

I agree, V9 is very powerful and easy to use, fully up to modern standards with tons of candy and potential.
If I get to guess, I do think that it will be good once we land in a final release and once we start to show the way.
Our prio have been to stabilize the system with all the things we put in it and to make it rock solid before anything else.
0 replies
M
MysticFire
M
answered

Did you see my post?
- by Homdax

Yes, been a busy day yesterday in belgium, but i will place some v7 themes i have made here

Design i want to use for my v9 Website :
i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/screen2.jpg

Free released themes
www.phpfusion-nederlands.info/infusions/theme_database/screenshots/Blue%20Fantasy_v1.0.jpg

www.phpfusion-nederlands.info/infusions/theme_database/screenshots/Call%20Of%20Duty%205_v1.0.jpg

www.phpfusion-nederlands.info/infusions/theme_database/screenshots/COD%20A_v1.0.jpg

www.phpfusion-nederlands.info/infusions/theme_database/screenshots/Pinky_v1.0.jpg

www.phpfusion-nederlands.info/infusions/theme_database/screenshots/Realize_v1.0.jpg

www.phpfusion-nederlands.info/infusions/theme_database/screenshots/The%20Simple%20One_v1.0.jpg

Custom themes for myself of others

i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/Webdesign/rornews.png

i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/Webdesign/wpa_green.png

i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/Webdesign/runescape.png

i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/Webdesign/aoeo.png

i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/Webdesign/cod4_green_webspell_Forum.png

i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm79/lvlysticfire/Webdesign/airborne.jpg
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

Oh...damn, this has potential!!! :D
0 replies
M
MysticFire
M
answered

:) Great.
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

Hi. I dont know but portal styling is now replaced with parallax scroll down because of better mobile presentation worldwide. But that's just my preference anyway.

Ok, now. To cater for your request, I can run the workshop with you, but instead of your theme... lets' make it quicker.
We'll jump straight to the point. I'll make available all themes I picked from here - http://www.bootbundle.com/tool/bootswatch. I can see several nice ones here that's easy enough to port.

I will set it up here: https://github.com/php-fusion/Themes

You're free to contribute or follow me through the process or simply download the themes that I've done. When it's done, we'll make the .zip file and close the development for it permanently so the community can use, mod, distribute, eat, ... up to them.

Through this method, I can experiment on lots of things without touching the php-fusion cms repository.

Any help is welcome, and if you want to start your own theme, give me a theme name, i'll set up a new branch for you to work with.
0 replies
D
dimki
D
dimki 10
  • Senior Member, joined since
  • Contributed 246 posts on the community forums.
  • Started 28 threads in the forums
answered

style old portal 2005 years don't like sory :x They have changed the times
Edited by dimki on 27-03-2016 19:05,
0 replies
H
Homdax
H
Homdax 10
answered
Fusioneer

1997? You mean like 2005 or there abouts.. 1997 I barely had a site, and I bet you did not have one at all... :P

Style new image heavy scroll down stuff, like the ones linked by Chan,sorry I don't like. :x

... but I bet we can figure out a middle way... B)
0 replies
D
dimki
D
dimki 10
answered

hi ok 2005 year :P 1997 year somewhere 30 year without computer internet ok :D but for me it is back back themes must mondern in 2016
0 replies
F
Falk
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
answered
Super Admin

I actually think "modern" top themes usually holds a much lower graphical standard then the high-end portal themes we used to see.
The "modern" themes are usually very blocky and boring in nature. I am actually kind of sad over this development.
I know it can be bridged with the use of nice Parallax effects, Animation effects and a clever Theme engine, read PHPFusion 9 Atom ;)
I don´t think it is far from when we will start to see some really cool Themes for 9, modern styled and portal styled.
0 replies
C
Chan
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
answered
Super Admin

I'm not going to waste resources on older things which we already have but in a new variation here. Portal is the end. It says Nokia.
The new theme demand is being dictated by how well it fits the amoled screen rather than the mouse scroll button. I hate to admit the winners here myself, but we need to move forward.

I've started to work on a small theme called "Minimal" by Blacktie Studio. http://blacktie.co/

The theme is already fully set up on Github and is installable. I'm bringing out the integral part and functions of PHPFusion out slowly as I play around with it. It's here : https://github.com/php-fusion/Themes/tree/Minimal/themes

The reason I use class for its construction is because I want to show that we can auto generate content. I will take a sample from get_image() function, give it a twist for usage, and try to implement it for the menu just on this theme.

--

Guys don't be discouraged. Making a theme for the version 9 is quite simple if you can grasp the fundamental method, and it does not frustrate you that you couldn't do more than what you wanted.

The most important change in Version 9 is that in Version 7 - You only have news and articles unique. And you cannot alter how the forum look - at all. That's where the 9 comes in handy. it allows you to prepare and design a fresh looking forum, home, weblinks, profile page, etc.. every single page can be customized.

You can have settings for it too if you develop a theme widget for it. I have also shown this in debonair theme. This opens up Version 9 to be able to mimic 100% any HTML markup and styling yet incorporating the dynamic content the CMS can generate, for all existing infusion/panels the community have developed so far.

I'll try to find things that have not been done before, and try to make a sample for our developers so they can be copy/paste/mod/test/check how things are done.

Merged on Mar 29 2016 at 17:09:35:
I'm done with the Minimal theme, for now. The rest of the work is just copy/paste job, which I think you can catch the ball there - just copy the article template's approach and rename the functions accordingly. :D

I come across this website today: https://shapebootstrap.net/free-templates
All of them premium themes, and which one would you want to see working on PHPFusion 9? Some are quite pretty.

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/fa/a3/cd/faa3cd3fd28f56990adfc9c5ed9843e0.png

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/1b/65/16/1b6516d4799827571d4839b2b9d566cd.png

Merged on Mar 29 2016 at 17:37:48:
I"ll pick the below one first. Them panels looks interesting to develop on especially on "uneven height" problem I want to see how the studio actually tackle the problem. New branch is up : https://github.com/php-fusion/Themes/tree/Drifolio/themes
Edited by Chan on 29-03-2016 09:37,
0 replies
M
MysticFire
M
answered

Hey Chan, thank you for replying, i will read all this asap, very busy atm and not enough time to do some extra work this week. I hope to have some time sunday.

Merged on Apr 12 2016 at 17:08:17:
http://exportkit.com/resources/kits

would this extention be usefull to convert a psd to php-fusion ?
Edited by MysticFire on 12-04-2016 17:08,
0 replies

Category Forum

Themes Support

Labels

None yet

Statistics

• Views 0 views
  • Posts 16 posts
  • Votes 0 votes
  • Topic users 5 members

5 participants

F
F
Falk 131

• Answered 11 questions
H
H
Homdax 10
C
C
Chan 0
  • Answered 6 questions
M
M
D
D
dimki 10

Notifications

Track thread

You are not receiving notifications from this thread.

Related Questions

Not yet